Since then, my poor husband has had to co-ordinate this nightmare on an almost daily basis; he used to look young for his age but he's visibly wilted during the past year. He visits once a week or fortnight as necessary but in the meantime he deals with their every problem or whim via phone. Here's a few examples of what he's had to put up with during the past few months:
- Sorting out things as mundane as having my BIL's hair cut
- Contacting the council to complain about the noise a neighbouring flat is emitting during to extensive internal refurbishment
- Buying new clothes for my MIL which she always declares as 'crap' - including the purchase 'brassieres' although she's not sure which size she is
- Buying new clothes for my BIL (from BHS btw!) which my MIL then won't let him wear....
- Contacting the white goods repair team after my BIL left the freezer door wide open for ages